Effective leadership is a critical factor in the success of an ESOP company. This program formally addresses the relationship between ESOP companies and the effectiveness of you as their leader. Participants will carefully examine how leadership that develops and fosters employee engagement and participation impacts the company’s bottom line.
The outcomes-based agenda focuses on enhancing each participant's leadership effectiveness, and on building a network of ESOP CEOs who can share resources and best practices to enhance the success of ESOPs across the country. This program is for current CEOs or Presidents of ESOP companies or their designated successors.
This program will take place in sequential sessions. Participants should attend both sessions.
Part I: July 9 – 14, 2023
Part II: December 3 - 7, 2023
To maximize the benefits for participants, class size is limited to 18 participants and sells out annually. Register early to reserve your space!
Unparalleled Content and Opportunity
The Employee Ownership Foundation and the University of Pennsylvania’s School of Social Policy and Practice, have partnered to offer CEOs/Presidents and/or the CEO/President designee, of ESOP companies a break-through Certificate Program - Leading in an Ownership Setting: The Program for CEOs.
This ESOP Leadership program is focused on enhancing each participant’s leadership effectiveness in their company. Upon completion, CEOs will be equipped with:
- An understanding of the essential factors for effectively leading an ESOP company
- Knowledge about the leadership challenges & opportunities unique to ESOPs
- Information about how employee involvement and communication link to company performance
- An understanding of the most current research regarding components of successful ESOP companies
- Guided reflection on your personal strengths and challenges as a leader
- Integration of your personal core values and beliefs into your role as a leader
- A deep Executive Assessment providing 360 feedback and executive coaching with regard to valuable leadership competencies
- Strategies for building a high-performance ownership culture
- Understanding skills and tools needed for becoming an even more effective leader
- Cutting edge concepts, tools and techniques in leadership
- Tools for broadening and deepening leadership in your company
- Insights from some of the most successful ESOP companies in America
- Development of a peer support network of leaders of other ESOP companies
- Immersion into a dynamic community of ESOP leaders
The carefully tailored agenda includes sessions focused on leading in an ownership context, values and leadership, using emotional intelligence in the workplace, and more. Time is also set aside for executive coaching, networking with other attendees, reflection, and social activities. See the Program tab for details on the program's content.
Interested in attending and being placed on the waitlist, please forward an email to email@example.com and included your name, title, company, email, phone number. This program is only open to Presidents and/or CEOs or their designated successor. Thank you.
Look at what program alumni have to say about their experience:
President and CEO
"The UPenn CEO Employee Ownership Program allowed me the time, focus, and environment to take a step back from the day-to-day to gain insights and tools to perform at a higher level. The program was instrumental in helping me learn more about myself as a leader, how my values and the company's values need to be in alignment for success, and then how to leverage them."
"You will be constantly challenged throughout the sessions, and this will make you a better CEO. Possibly the best outcome is the networking amongst the peers in your class. I have a group of CEO’s I can bounce ideas off of that are like-minded and, in most instances, have encountered the challenge I currently am facing. This is a “must attend” event for emerging CEO’s and current CEO’s."
"This program allowed me to become a leader for our ESOP, which is different in many ways from other companies. I learned so much about who I am as a leader and as a person, and to this day, I am able to apply what I learned in my business and in my personal life. Definitely worth it!”"